Pages

2/23/2011

Weighing In, Weighing Up

I woke up this morning and weighed myself for the first time in about a week and a half, for a reality check.  The number was up.

I have been trying to distract myself by thinking and emailing about the new release in one of my friends' favorite UF series.  (Iron Crowned by Richelle Mead, book #3 in the Dark Swan series.  Initial consensus: mixed.)

It's only working to a certain extent, because this weight gain comes from nothing I'm really doing on purpose.  I mean, I am.  I'm putting food into my mouth on purpose.  I'm digesting it on purpose.  I'm eating slightly more protein on purpose.  But while weight loss and gain and maintenance come down to simple math, I don't sit there and crunch the numbers.  So.  I feel puffy.  I feel squishy.  I feel scared.  I'm trying to psych myself up about it, go through the logical motions meant to defeat cognitive dissonance.  But...  Yeah, no.

Here.  Have a falcon.  Because I like falcons and because it's today's Wikimedia picture.

www.photo-natur.de
commons.wikimedia.org

2 comments:

  1. "If people do not believe that mathematics is simple, it is only because they do not realize how complicated life is." - John Louis von Neumann

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING function. As well as incredible range of resources to operate... Excellent!!



    FUT 14 CoinsLeague of Legends boost

    ReplyDelete

Get rude, get deleted.